Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wild Boars!

Friday afternoon while Madame Quétel and I were driving home from school we suddenly saw a cluster of animals crossing the street which divides two pastures. At first I thought they were small bears, but as we got closer I realized that they were wild boars! We stopped the car to let them pass. They were two adults and three children. My thoughts immediately turned to Lord of The Flies, by William Golding. I felt an irrepressible desire to leap out of the car, shed my encumbering garments and hunt some wild boar in the state of nature. Unfortunately I realized that I had left my spear at home. Plus I didn't want to be late for dinner. By the time I reasoned through all this the Boars had already crossed the street and were almost out of sight.

P.S. Regretfully I did not react in time to take a photo with my cell phone, but I am working on a visual representation, which I will upload shortly.

No comments: