Thursday, December 18, 2008

Up-hair

This Christmas I will be in Rennes with a friend of mine (Maëlle) and her family. We are staying at her Aunt's house the 24th and 25th. Then, on the 28th I'm leaving for Chambéry in the French Alps to do some skiing! I haven't been skiing for quite some time so I am really looking forward to it.

On a different note, I fear that there are some who have not yet seen the glory of Craig's beard. This saddens me, so I have decided to post a picture on my blog:



...glorious. This picture has inspired me to write a sonnet entitled "Craig's Beard: an apologia"

Behold the man, a bushy bearded one,
who dares to wear his pride upon his chin,
with towering hair atop expressly done
so as to imitate a dorsal fin.
After this change some see him as a brute
and mothers come accost him in the square
"thou fiend, thou villain, man of ill repute!
What devilry hide you beneath such hair?"
O how much ridicule has this man borne
by those who see as folly facial hair?
would he be less a man if fairly shorn?
a man of lesser force his chin laid bare?
Ah! surely not for strength comes from within
nevertheless a beard is not a sin.


Merry Christmas!
Joyeux Noël!

2 comments:

Kristin Sauter said...

His beard is magnificent! When he came over to watch our house Josh and I were amazed by it (and that was two weeks ago). By the way, that picture was taken at our house, probably while little Conan was barking. I know you miss him. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

craigman2099 said...

*sigh* I miss Conan too. I miss how he used to look at me out of one eye (he couldn't with both: wall-eyed you see), except he wasn't really looking at me or anything. He was simply resisting entropy, with great effort.